2.5 WHEN COVERAGE ENDS FOR RETIRED PARTICIPANTS AND THEIR DEPENDENTS
Eligibility of a Retired Participant will terminate on the earliest of any of the following dates:
- on the last day of the month in which the Retired Participant no longer qualifies for coverage; or
- the date the Retired Participant fails to make a required self-payment on time;
- the date the Retired Participant enters the military service of any country;
- the date the Plan terminates, or the Trustees eliminate the Retired Participant’s coverage; or
- the last day of the month that the Retired Participant has designated for cancellation of coverage, if the Retired Participant has provided written notice of cancellation of coverage to the Trust Customer Service Office on or before the cancellation date.
Subject to approval by the Board of Trustees, the Administrative Committee shall have the authority to adopt written policies providing an exemption from termination of a Retired Participant’s coverage for failure to make a required self-payment on time.