These links are offered for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement of those web sites. The trust funds do not assess the suitability, or give any assurance about the potential value of any opinions expressed or the information contained in any outside links referenced in this web site.
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) — Vision Service Plan is the national network for vision coverage. You can find participating vision care providers on this site.
- OptumRx/Catamaran — OptumRx (formerly Catamaran) is the Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) for the Welfare Trust.
- BridgeHealth Medical — BridgeHealth Surgery Benefit Management is an innovative program that lowers the impact of surgery costs by identifying patients who are likely to elect surgery and engaging them in a shared decision-making process and gives them access to centers of excellence in the Lower 48. With advance written approval of the Trust Office, travel and accommodations for you and a medically-necessary companion are covered and your deductible and copayments are waived for surgery coordinated through BridgeHealth.
- Teladoc — Teladoc provides you and your eligible dependents with 24/7/365 access to U.S. board certified doctors and pediatricians by phone or online video.
- WebMD — A personal guide to health, offering medical news, local health guides, discussion groups, live broadcasts and disease information.
- TodayHealth — Advice, assessment tools and discussions on women’s health, with reports on heart disease, cancer, sexual/reproductive health, nutrition, and other topics.
- American Medical Association — Home page of the American Medical Association; contains news, information about the AMA, health and fitness information, a searchable database of physicians, information on managing chronic illnesses, and more.
- Medicare — Medicare’s site has information on coverage, eligibility, enrollment, your Medicare card, replacement card ordering, address changes, and help with health care costs. In addition, you can find out about how to choose a nursing home (alternatives, payment, checklist, patient rights), helpful contacts, view, download, or order Medicare or health related publications, info on how to recognize and prevent fraud and abuse, and material to help you stay healthy.
- Health Central — Medical information, discussion forums, and news.
- The Men’s Health Network — An informational and educational organization committed to promoting issues affecting men’s health.
- HealthAnswers.com — Health centers, calculators, healthy lifestyle information, and more.
- Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs — This website provides free guidance for consumers on prescription medications.
- Find a Medicare Provider — This resource works for Alaska and some other states.
- Fair Health, Inc. — The purpose of the FAIR Health website is to bring transparency to healthcare expenses. They use a database of billions of billed medical and dental services to provide consumers with estimates of typical costs of a wide variety of medical and dental procedures in their area. This can be very useful to you in planning ahead for your medical expenses.
- Alaska Teamsters Site — Teamsters Local 959 is a statewide Local serving members from Barrow to Ketchikan. The web site contains information on the Teamsters community, organizing, safety, newsletters, dues, calendar, and directory.
- NCHS — This site information on where to write for vital records such as birth, death, marriage, or divorce.